Hi friends, We're looking for someone amazing to help us with Fund Development. The main focus of the role will be working on the NEXT UP // leadership program and helping us to shake it on up.
Executive Director and co-founder, genius
Fund Development Coordinator
The global youth education network society (genius) is looking for a Fund Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, you have a proven track record or equivalent experience as a fundraiser, possessing the skills and abilities to advance the fundraising goals of genius. We are looking for a competent, innovative, and highly motivated person—someone who is passionately committed to the social justice values of our work. You will collaborate with other staff in developing and implementing short, medium and long-term donor development plans consistent with organizational goals and priorities.The global youth education network is a federally registered charity that builds capacity in the social change sector in Canada. Our flagship program is Next Up: a leadership program for young people committed to social and environmental justice.
• Donor Development: Liaise and build relationships with donors; design and execute list building strategies to engage prospective donors; coordinate campaigns, including online fundraising drives, direct mail initiatives, and a planned giving campaign; create ladder of engagement strategy to increase donor contributions.• Event Planning: Organize receptions, briefings, oneonone visits with donors, and home receptions to recruit new members and donors;
• Supporter Stewardship: Track donations and ensure public recognition where agreed;
• Technology Management: Establish a member/donor database system using Nation Builder; maintain donor profiles; use NationBuilder organizing tools to increase supporter engagement and donor stewardship;
• Support the development of funding applications to major funders; and
• Communicate the story of our projects to current and new supporters.
• A proven track record of developing and implementing monthly donor, major gift and legacy programs;
• Thorough knowledge and experience in donor development and best practices within the charitable or non-profit sectors in the Lower Mainland;
• An ability to develop innovative new fundraising ideas that reflect genius’ mandate and supporter composition; and
• Experience in communications or public relations.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities
• Comfortable working in a Mac environment;
• Extensive experience with database platforms (NationBuilder and CanadaHelps experience is an asset); and
• Highly adaptable to new software applications.
Interpersonal and Communication:
• Independent and creative self-starter able to work cooperatively in a flexible office environment;
• An outgoing, friendly and confident personality;
• Comfortable making direct/personal asks for donations and interacting with a variety of supporters in both casual and formal settings;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Effective time management, a high level of organization, and ability to prioritize;
• A commitment to our purpose, values, and community.
This position is 3 days a week (22.5 hours) at a rate of $23.50/hour plus an excellent benefits package. The position is for one year with the possibility of extension dependent on funding and will be based out of our downtown Vancouver office. We will be accepting applications until we fill the position. Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in this position. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.